Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Vacation time!

The constant question at my house is "Where are we going for vacation?" (Note: It is usually me asking this question. lol!) While vacationing has taken on new meaning since the addition of the twins...I must admit that I have really enjoyed the new adventures that we have taken. My favorite has been our newfound love of camping. I have lots of great memories of camping in my little tent in the backyard growing up. While it isn't possible to tent camp with the twins we invested in a little camper a few years ago. We now have the luxury of camping in style and doing a little bit of traveling too.

One of my favorite purchases that we made when we purchased the camper was a little map that we mounted on the side which showcases the United States. Our goal has been to visit one state each year. So far we have visited New York, Maryland (Assateague Island was AMAZING!), and Virginia (Virginia Beach!) This year the winning state was........Pennsylvania! While it may seem lame to visit a state that is less than one hour from my house we are actually excited to have the opportunity to visit some friends and head over to Presque Isle! My only slight concern is that the campground that we are visiting does not take reservations. However, when I called and explained my situation the woman was kind enough to offer to hold a spot for us. I am so excited to head out and enjoy a long weekend with the boys! After such a stressful spring some R&R is just what the doctor ordered!

No comments:

Post a Comment