Sunday, May 6, 2012

Gearing Up!

Ok....We are approximately 20 days away from our first camping trip of the 2012 season and gearing up for another year of fun and adventure!  With the help of Pinterest I have been able to create a HUGE collection of fun ideas to do with the boys this year during our camping trips.  I can't wait to try out the glowstick in bubble solution to make glow in the dark bubbles!  Since they were born D&Z have always been faithful about getting 10 hours of sleep.  However, since they turned 10 years old they somehow decided that they need to stay up later.  There are pros and cons to this new development.  It's great to see them for an extra hour (Last night we were able to take them outside to see the BEAUTIFUL moon!)  However, it definitely means that I am getting a lot less done!  haha!  The tradeoff is well worth it!


Unfortunately, we just found out that one of the boys has a severe milk allergy that we were not aware of.  As a result, many of my fun meal ideas are no longer going to happen.  It's funny because one thing I have always said was despite their challenges, I was thankful that we never had any allergies to worry about!  haha!  Karma came and bit me in the butt!  While I'm learning more about how to adapt my cooking, I also need to come up with some fun new camping recipes!   It will definitely be a fun adventure!  


Now that the weather is nice outside, it is time to start checking and packing the camper.  We generally keep our camper well stocked (it has an extra set of dishes/pots/pans) so I don't have to keep moving things from the main house into the camper for each camping trip.  However, I created a simple checklist of all things that we need in order to have a happy camping trip.  Your list will undoubtedly be different, but feel free to use mine as a jumping off point as you create your own.  I print out a new checklist for each camping trip and put in in a clipboard to check off before we leave.  Some of the items may seem obvious (ex. camper keys), however when you are rushed to leave....even those can sometimes be forgotten!  Thank goodness for good friends who will bring them to you!  Enjoy the checklist, modify as needed, and Happy Camping!

Pinterest Camping Board

Camping Checklist

No comments:

Post a Comment